Right Roofing Contractor for the Job? Helping Homeowners Decide
Right Roofing Contractor:
Choosing the right roofing contractor can be a pain. Homeowners need to find the right balance between costs and quality workmanship. The right roofing contractor usually is able to keep the costs low for homeowners and still be able to provide quality work. Keeping that in mind, homeowners can rejoice. Our panel of experts here at American Standard Roofing have done it again. Here are are some quick tips to help ease the anxiety.
Some Key Tips:
- Go Local: finding local contractors is a smart idea. They know the local rules, regulations and building codes better than out-of-town contractors. They will also be more involved with the local community which reduces chances of potential scams.
- Look for Certified and Licensed Contractors: this is a big one! While you can find unlicensed contractors for much less, the quality for such work is bound to be shoddy. Properly licensed and certified contractors will have superior work quality. A good idea would be to research Better Business Bureau (BBB )ratings.
- Always Get Referrals: one of the best ways to find a roofing contractor is to check local listings and directories, to find a reliable and reputable contractor. A bunch of websites offer client feedback for these contractors and it can be very helpful. In addition, contacting family and friends who have roofing work done for referrals is also a good idea.
- Go for Warranty: this is also a big one. Here at American Standard Roofing, we offer a lifetime warranty. We stand behind our services for the lifetime of the product, both labor and material. We think that should be an industry standard. Unfortunately not all roofing contractors offer warranties of their work. This can be a huge issue as it can take months or even years for damage to start showing. By that time, if it is out of warranty the contractor will not fix it and you might have to pay out of pocket for the contractor’s mistake.
- Know Your Materials: It is always a good idea to become acquainted with the material being used so you know what options you have. A roofing contractor should be able to provide you with different options for shingles, decking boards, underlayments, flashings etc. These options (or lack thereof) can have a significant effect on your immediate as well as long-term costs as well.
- Always Look for Customers Feedback: this is tied in with getting referrals. One of the best ways to assess a contractors work is by hearing from his clients. Always go for positive feedback from customers, and always make sure to check multiple sources for such feedback. Here at American Standard Roofing, we stand behind our work and our reviews and reputation are the best in the business.
Do Your Homework!
Remember, you shouldn’t just choose the first contractor who comes to check out the roof. Homeowners need to find contractors who are professional and honest. That is how you find a right roofing contractor for your project. Hopefully these important tips will help in doing just that. If you’re in the Metro Detroit area needing help with your roofing needs, do check us out. We’ve been in the business for over 36 years and have served over 11000 Metro Detroit customers.
Here for All Your Roofing Needs!
At ASR, we are certified and licensed roofing contractors. We also have over 36 years of experience in the industry. American Standard Roofing stands behind it’s work. We also stand behind our services for the lifetime of the product, both labor and material. That is why we are #1 metro Detroit roofers. Give us a call today at (248) 350-2323 to see how we can help you out.