As premier roofers, American Standard Roofing has done a lot of home improvement and roofing Plymouth projects. We specialize in roofing, sidings and gutters. We also install insulation and other home improvement projects. Call or contact us today. We will take care of all your roofing Plymouth Michigan needs.
Plymouth is a city in Wayne County in Michigan. The population was 9,132 at the 2010 census. The City of Plymouth is landlocked, being entirely surrounded by the Charter Township of Plymouth.
Plymouth was first settled in 1825, incorporated as a village in 1867 and became a city in 1932.
The first settlers to come to what is now known as Plymouth, Michigan, were Keziah (Benjamin) and William Starkweather. Farmers from Preston, Connecticut, they purchased 240 acres of land from the United States government on March 11, 1825, for $1.25 per acre. The Starkweather clan had lived in Preston at least as early as 1694, according to records of a land gift in which Captain John Masons gave land to Robert Starkweather, William’s grandfather. William, ninth born of 11 siblings, and his wife Keziah brought their firstborn son Albert to the area and built the first home in Plymouth, at what is now the southwest corner of Main Street and Ann Arbor Trail. The first home was a lean-to, and was later replaced by a log cabin, which has since been lost to time. William’s eldest son Albert died at age 20 while attending the newly formed University of Michigan as a sophomore. George Anson Starkweather, William’s second-born, was the first non-native American born within the boundaries of what is now known as the city of Plymouth. His father William died at 44 years of age, from typhoid fever, and his mother Keziah two years later, leaving their eldest son George at 20 years of age. William and Keziah’s home in Old Village (circa 1835) is located at 557 North Mill Street.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.22 square miles. Out of that 2.21 square miles is land and 0.01 square miles is water. It is located 15.6 miles east of Ann Arbor and 26.3 miles west of Detroit, just south of the M-14 highway and west of Interstate 275.